Welcome!

Thank you for visiting! This is a blog of my journey from an overweight gamer chick to running a half marathon. Wish me luck!
Here are a few abbreviations I use regularly:
GWF = GoWear Fit
C25K = Couch to 5K

Saturday, November 6, 2010

I'm back!

Well, It has been a while. Not sure why I "gave up" on the blogging. It was really helping me to stay on track. I think life got too busy and blogging kept slipping my mind. Sometimes I think that my brain can only fit so much in it and when it gets too full, it starts dumping things.

I am still vegetarian and still loving it. I did have a bit of an issue that reared its ugly head in August. I was not careful enough about tracking my nutrition and neglected my iron intake. As a result, I became anemic. This really affected my training. I was tired all the time and never felt well. Once my Dr told me what was happening, it took a couple of weeks to find a vitamin that had enough iron and would not make me sick. I finally found that Flinstones chewables are the best for me. It took another month before I really felt normal again.

Work has also been absolutely crazy! Lots and lots of stress there. Unfortunately, I am a stress eater and so my calorie intake has been very high. Luckily, since I tried my best to keep up some training, I did not gain any weight, but I did not lose any either.

I decided to go with the Jeff Galloway training program. I am following his interval recommendations. I am slightly off from the schedule, but will be fully back on schedule next week. I did 5 miles 2 weeks ago, a 10K last week, and then 8 miles today.

Well, that is about it for the full update :)

No comments:

Post a Comment