Welcome!

Thank you for visiting! This is a blog of my journey from an overweight gamer chick to running a half marathon. Wish me luck!
Here are a few abbreviations I use regularly:
GWF = GoWear Fit
C25K = Couch to 5K

Thursday, July 1, 2010

7/1/2010 Day? Who knows....

Wow, I have really neglected my blog. This was mainly due to a lack of motivation. I got really discouraged after injuring my adductor muscles and after an extended "break" to let them heal, it was really, really hard to get back into the swing of things.

I am back now! And more motivated than ever. Unfortunately, I am also a month behind now. I have had some big changes recently though that should hopefully help get me back on track.

1. Team AllEars 2011
I am so excited that I was accepted to become a part of this team. This is an awesome group of folks who are gathering together to help each other to achieve the goal of participating in the 2011 WDW Marathon Weekend.

2. Me? A vegetarian? Yep!!
Tim and I have made the decision to become vegetarians. I feel so good about this decision. It has been 3 days and the only meat I have eaten were a few mini bagel dogs. We were planning on a gradual conversion, but I am ready to go now! :) Tim isn't quite ready to give away all the meat in our freezer yet though.

Our reasons are the standard ones for this type of change. Health, ethical, environmental, etc. It is hard to say whether one reason was greater than the others for me. They are all pretty equal. For Tim, it is primarily ethical and environmental.


So, hopefully it is back to full speed ahead. I probably won't post daily like I was trying to do...we will see though. :)

1 comment:

  1. yahy for going vegetarian. I am trying to get there but find it so hard since I live with an omnivore who believe he has no energy because he misses a meat meal. I don't want to force him(my brother) but I may have to get really strict and tell him he can have meat if he buys and prepares it. I'm doing it for health reasons primarily but cholesterol is a newer reason trying to lower my triglycerides although my total cholesterol is good those are slight elevated. I also try to be kind to animals and hate they way the are treated in factory farms. :( Plus the environmental standpoint is so true.

    I want to be eating mostly raw but when I cook I try for fresh veggies but will do frozen for cost reasons.

    ReplyDelete