Welcome!

Thank you for visiting! This is a blog of my journey from an overweight gamer chick to running a half marathon. Wish me luck!
Here are a few abbreviations I use regularly:
GWF = GoWear Fit
C25K = Couch to 5K

Friday, March 26, 2010

Ponderings about the journey so far...

Wow, I cannot believe that I am about to finish out Week 7 of the Conservative C25K! It really does not feel like it has been that long. I was talking to Tim yesterday after my workout about it. I remember when I started back up (after taking a 3 month hiatus), I could barely go 10 min on the treadmill, and that was at a 2.5 mph pace. Now, I am running at 4.5 mph in 30 sec segments and walking at 3.0-3.5 mph in between. Every week, I improve on my overall pace. Last week, my best pace was 19:36 minutes/mile. Yesterday, I was at 17:51. I really felt it too. My upper arms hurt, my butt hurt, my legs hurt, but I felt awesome! Today, I only have a little soreness in my right hamstring and I am sure that will go away once I get my morning walk at work.

I am amazed at the amount of calories I am burning. This has been great since it has allowed me to "splurge" on treats while still keeping close to a 1000 calorie deficit.

I really need to get fitted for shoes. I have been waiting for my toe to heal; that is taking longer than I expected. Oh well, another week probably. We should be able to get the new treadmill set up this weekend. It is HUGE and Tim and I cannot handle it ourselves. Jamie is coming over Saturday to help. LOL, he could probably get it upstairs by himself!

I have found that there are a lot of people out there like me; overweight and making the goal to become a runner. It has been very inspiring and motivating to read their stories, successes, and challenges. I know I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment