Welcome!

Thank you for visiting! This is a blog of my journey from an overweight gamer chick to running a half marathon. Wish me luck!
Here are a few abbreviations I use regularly:
GWF = GoWear Fit
C25K = Couch to 5K

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

First Run

Well, I had my first official walk/run day. The schedule indicated I was to walk 28 min and run 2 minutes. It did not indicate how or when to run those 2 min, so I split it up into 4 segments of 30 sec each, starting at the 10 min, 15 min, 20 min, and 25 min marks. The first one was great. I contemplated going for a full minute, but decided I should stick with my original plan. The second was was also good, but then came the third. It was much harder and I barely got through the 4th. It wasn't so much lack of endurance, but pain in my ankles and lower legs. I did, however, survive and felt pretty good afterward. I was definitely feeling some soreness in my legs right after and I made sure to get a good stretch. That was about 4 hours ago and I am extremely sore now...and tired. :) This is gonna be a 4 Tylenol night.

No comments:

Post a Comment