Welcome!

Thank you for visiting! This is a blog of my journey from an overweight gamer chick to running a half marathon. Wish me luck!
Here are a few abbreviations I use regularly:
GWF = GoWear Fit
C25K = Couch to 5K

Monday, February 15, 2010

The Journey Begins!

Well, I just signed up for the Disney Half Marathon taking place June 8, 2011. I am excited and scared all at the same time. I have never been able to keep up with any diet or exercise program for an extended period of time. Will I be able to do this? Right now, my answer is YES! Last week I started using the GoWear Fit (GWF) and also started a conservative Couch to 5K (C25K) program. According to the GWF, I should be able to reach my goal weight March of next year. The C25K program will have me running 3 miles at a time by early to mid August. From there, I have just over 4 months to train for the half; most sites I read indicate 10 weeks is enough. Here we go...lets see how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment